Gotta Have 'Em All Syndrome: Ink

 I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days--I've been occupied...



Do you suffer from Gotta Have "Em All Syndrome? When a product comes out that you like, do you feel as though you NEED every single option? If so, you are not alone. I am very much that way!

One thing I love--and it's a good thing for papercrafting--is ink. I want ALL of the colors.

At the same time, I'm trying to reduce my collection of stamping stuff, as it is taking over. I also don't use what I have enough.

Sounds like I can't do both, but I've found one way that I can. I'm transitioning--as much as possible--to stamping spots. They are 1x1" ink pads.

When I was first a Stampin' Up! demonstrator (I've been one several times--but am not one now), I got all of their colors in several options: ink pads, ink refill bottles, and stamp spots--for both dye ink and pigment ink (they no longer offer pigment ink except in white, I believe). I also got cardstock--and often decorative paper--in the colors.

As they added their In Colors line (colors planned to only be available for 2 years), I got those, too, each year (5 new colors each year). As they went through color shakeups, I got any new colors. Still, they didn't always offer the small spots for some of their colors. They did put the spots in their My Paper Pumpkin subscription box, so I got a lot of colors that way.

Still, I realized that I didn't have many of the colors in the small spot size. I did have a lot of unused refill colors, though. I already had a list of all of the SU! colors (or so I thought--I hadn't purchased in a few years), and then ordered the spots I could via eBay. Then I looked at the refills I still needed, and got those, too (many still available from Stampin' Up!--a much better deal than getting them on eBay).

When we got back from our trip, some refills had arrived from eBay. The next day my latest order from Stampin' Up! arrived. The photo above is of those last refills and uninked spots (Stampin' Up! does sell uninked spots in sets of 5--I recommend them!). You can't tell in the picture, but that was 12 sets of uninked spots there. Yes, 60 ink spots! That wasn't my 1st order of spots this summer, either!

Then I spent several days making my own ink spots. I don't have all of the SU! colors ever, but I'm pretty close!

Stampin' Up! Stampin' Spots

I'm getting back on track, so there will be more card posts.

Enjoy your day!


Comments