Quick post: Go Beyond the Card--Foundations Decor

 When I discovered a local stamping/scrapbook store, I was thrilled! One thing I noticed was that they had several samples they'd made from Foundations Decor wood decorative pieces.

FD offers themed wood pieces that you can decorate--with paint, paper...whatever! I glommed onto their products right away. What my store no longer had, I was able to order. I work through the pieces as I feel motivated. It seems like once I start an item, I'm really motivated!

Ice cream themed board

This is a sign board with a stand and a handle. It came with letters to spell out WELCOME, but I chose not to use them. It came with magnets that stick to the front of it. 

Separately, they sold different wood pieces themed for each month--a flat 5x7" (I think that's the size) flat board piece and shaped pieces to make a 3D item. This theme in the photos was ice cream.

They always include a photo with an idea of what to do. I do sometimes follow that, but I like to go my own way, too. I usually do my own thing for the flat board piece.

I absolutely love the House Builder Card Base die set from Honey Bee Stamps--and the related companion sets, one of which is the Treat Shop Add-On (stamp set, dies, stencil). They are no longer available, so do look at your favorite shops or on eBay to find them--so worth it! (The stencil for the Treat Shop was still available--and discounted--when I bought it earlier this summer.)

Here's a close-up of the ice cream shop that I made:
Treat Shop Add-On Stamps, Dies, & Stencil from Honey Bee Stamps

I really like making papercrafting projects beyond cards. After all--how many cards does one person really need to make!?!

Speaking of companion sets, I'll soon be sharing 3 from Lawn Fawn.

Have a great day!


Comments