Not a Card: Decor with Paper & Stamps

 Recently I shared the design I did for my Foundations Decor welcome sign. That was my July design. Today I'll share my August board:

Foundations Decor Welcome Board: August

The August package came with the flat (5x7") wood board, and the pieces for the sand pail and shovel. I painted the pail & bucket, and--if I am remembering correctly--used a piece of paper for the sand, and embellished it by flicking darker paint to give it the speckles. My paintbrush wasn't fine enough, so the specks are larger than I wanted, but I think it actually ended up working out well, since this would be viewed from across the room, not close up.

For the flat board, I made the design on white paper, then adhered it to the board. I color blended--I think it was 3 Distress Oxide inks. I like Distress Oxides because they give a softer look than regular dye inks.

Do you see the "Hello" message? I got that from a stamp set I'd just bought, Color Layering Waves by Hero Arts. I love how much it looks like writing in sand. I did smear it a little before it dried (the top of the H). I decided I could live with it instead of trying to cover it up, though. Writing in the sand by the water's edge always gets washed away by the waves, so I decided it looks as though a wave has just started to reach the letters before ebbing away. I think the chair and umbrella are from a discontinued Close to My Heart stamp set.

While the Welcome board is discontinued, there are a lot of options for their wood decor (I love the shadow box designs, too--I've done a lot of those). Here's their page on Amazon (note: I am an Amazon Affiliate, and can earn a commission--at no charge to you--if you purchase through my link).

I hope you are able to take some time today to create some art! You can shine!




Comments