Summer Fun: Coaster Critters by Lawn Fawn

 Yes, I've got another Lawn Fawn set to feature today. They have a lot of stamp sets with "critter" in the name, so Coaster Critters and Car Critters both offer fun alliteration!

Card made with Coaster Critters stamps/dies

It was fun to pull out a set that I haven't used in a while. State & county fairs have already started and will be continuing for the next few months. 



Materials used

My stamps look yellowed, but that's from being used--especially when you use red/orange, which often does stain clear stamps. They are still completely usable, and they haven't turned hard or anything.

I color-blended the background--the sky really is more blue that it appears in the photo. My desk lamp went out, so I was making do with just the overhead light (behind me). I did get a new lamp--a duplicate of one I already owned--I should share it here. I'm so pleased with it! Another day, another post.

Anyway, I did bump the larger part of the rollercoaster out a bit by using foam pieces behind it. That gives a bit of dimension with the smaller coaster piece behind it.

A few years (?) after the Coaster Critters stamp & die sets came out, Lawn Fawn upped the usage. They released some "flip flop" stamps for several sets--including Coaster Critters. The Coaster Critters Flip Flop set includes reverse images of the 3 animal critters, plus a few extra stamps. It also has a matching die set. While you can, with a bit of effort, make your own reverse images of stamps, having it ready made for a reasonable price--and with reversed dies, too--is much easier! You can see the flip flop set just above the dies--I forgot to include its die set in my photo.

*In the photo, just above the big roller coaster die, you can see a wider curved die that mimics the top of the coaster. That's a separate die that allows you to make an interactive card. I'll share that tomorrow!

Comments