Quick post: Ahoy, Matey stamp set by Lawn Fawn

My nephew's birthday was coming up, and I needed a card. It was SO nice to have a ready pile of cards, with one I could choose for him. Normally an event is coming up and I am scrambling to make a card and then I usually hate the process and that's just not what papercrafting is supposed to be like for me! Having some great options was wonderful. I've also made cards in advance for specific people BEFORE the event--feels so good!

When I decided to stamp with one stamp set each day, the easiest way was to do that in order, so I could keep track of where I'd left off & what set was next. My stamp sets are in mostly alphabetical order. (I have some larger sets that I store--alphabetically--in a separate area from the main collection.)

The first stamp set, then, was Ahoy, Matey by Lawn Fawn.

Ahoy, Matey stamp set/dies by Lawn Fawn

Before I decided to stamp all of my stamp sets, I was really experimenting with color matches for different effects. That played into the making of this card. I can't remember what colors I used, but I wanted soft delineation between the sand and water, and again between the water and the sky.

Something else I've been trying is making a cloud-like effect without cloud stamps nor dies. I wanted something soft (and actually, I didn't have a cloud stencil and didn't want to hunt for a cloud die in my collection).

I was enjoying that, so I did it here, too. Basically, I don't try to color blend the sky area a smooth single color. Instead, I keep some areas with very little color, but try to do it without a noticeable line. You can see it where I put the "You're a Treasure" sentiment, and maybe a little above the boat. 

I hope your day is going smoothly, and something good has already happened today for you!


Comments