Car Critters Road Trip Add-On: Interactive Card

 I have all 3 of the Car Critters stamp & die sets from Lawn Fawn--they're so cute! I've shared 2 of the sets, and today I'm sharing the other one, Car Critters Road Trip Add-On.

Car Critters Road Trip Add-On stamps/dies

Lawn Fawn has an interactive die set, Reveal Wheel, that makes a movable disc on which you can stamp images so they will appear in a window in your card. It's really popular, and they soon came out with a number of additional dies for it.

They've also made it work with a number of their stamp sets, including the Car Critters ones.

Materials used: stamps, dies, stencils

The Road Trip stamp set is an add-on. You do need the original Car Critters stamp set and die set for best use.  I also used the Reveal Wheel Car Critters Add-On die (you can see it in the top right corner of the bottom die set in the photo). The tab on it fits into an opening in the Reveal Wheel die, and cuts that car window shape out of what will be the very front layer of the card.

I wanted to make a different style of road than I'd used for the other Car Critters cards. I haven't yet bought Lawn Fawn's hillside die, but I do have the pop-up version (die on the right in the photo). 

Front and inside of reveal wheel mechanism.

In this picture, I've already made most of my card front design. You can see the car's window was cut out. I then placed it on top of the opening made by the Reveal Wheel Car Critters die. If you look at the curved hill on which the car rests, you may see the bit of tab from the pop-up hillside die. I trimmed off the parts I didn't need, but that needed to remain in order to made a smooth hillside curse. I covered it up later.

On the right side is the wheel. As you spin the disc via the thumb hole cut out on the right, the 4 images will rotate so each can be seen through the open area of the car's window.

Foam pieces provide space for the wheel to spin.

I had these foam circles left over from a previous project, and they worked well here. I've put them around on the inside of the reveal wheel card front, making sure that none will touch the wheel itself, since then it wouldn't rotate freely. Then I peeled off the remaining tabs on the tops of them and carefully lined this bottom with the top part of the card. The wheel was done!

Clear photopolymer stamps can be angled!

I needed to cover up the slits from the pop-up die, so I decided to put my message on top of it. I wanted a flag-style banner & loved this one with a curve (sorry--I don't remember what set it was from ), but the sentiment I wanted to use is straight across. That's no problem--photopolymer stamps have some flexibility, so I was able to give it a bit of curve to match the one of the diecut.

I also added a curved arrow (from the Reveal Wheel die set) as a visual aid.

The Road Trip set does have yet another set of animals, but I decided to forego those this time so that I could feature different items to show in the car's window. They are a bit too large, so the entire image doesn't really show, but there's enough to give an impression that they might be in the back seat of the car.

I wish you a Merry Day (no need to reserve the merry just for Christmas, is there?).









Comments