Quick review--Mini Mitts by Taylored Expressions

 At the same time that I bought the Mini Strips stamps and dies from Taylored Expressions, I also bought their Mini Mitts.

Mini Mitts by Taylored Expressions

When heat embossing, I'm often holding a small piece of paper close to the heat gun. It can make my fingers hot!

I'm obviously not alone in this, since several places offer a product to help.

I got these silicone grabber hands from Amazon, but my fingers still got hot.

I decided to try the Mini Mitts.

Mini Mitts on my fingers!

Each piece has 2 finger mitts that are connected--for your thumb and index finger. There are gripper strips on the underside. My favorite part is that they are shaped like oven mitts, with a decorative "thumb" sticking out on the side!

As you can see, they don't cover your fingers too much--only up to maybe the first knuckle (depending on the length of your fingers).

For me, they did not solve my dilemma. My fingers were still too close while holding up the piece of paper in order to heat emboss my embossing powder. 

I used to heat emboss on my glass mat surface (putting the paper down on the glass, and holding it there with a pointed tool), but I was worried by how long hte glass stayed uncomfortably warm.

I've just purchased a few heat-resistant mats, so I think I'll be trying those next.

Oh, well! 

(Now, if I collected and decorated miniatures, I would definitely use these mitts in my decorating!)




Comments